Curious what all the hype is around Microsoft Teams? Microsoft Teams is the ultimate chat-based collaboration app for your organization. A workspace that allows you to chat, meet, have an audio or video call, share files and utilize Office 365 apps with everyone you work with all in one place. No matter where you are.
To get started, here are the basics to your shared workspace.
- Chats can be private 1:1, group chats, or you can have conversations within a Team Channel. The conversations are saved and easily searchable. The use of @mentions tags specific team member(s) in the chat.
- Users can create Teams, where you can add members for specific work, projects or interest groups. Each Team has subsections called Channels organized by topic or department. Within the Channels is where you have conversations, share files, have meetings, and add Office 365 apps. At the top of each channel, you’ll find Tabs that will filter via conversations, shared files, apps, etc. For example, you can create a “Marketing” Team and then have Channels such as “Blog Posts”, “Email Campaigns”, “Social Media”, etc. When there is a new chat or activity the Channel will show as bold.
- In Calendar you can see what you have planned for the day and week or schedule a meeting. This calendar syncs with your outlook calendar. To get to an online teams meeting, select join from the calendar.
- In a Meeting, you can share your screen to show content from your device or record the meeting.
- Go to Activity for a view of all your @mentions, unread messages, replies, and more.
- Use the Command Box to search for specific items, people or apps. For example, type in @weather, enter location or zip code and the forecast for the day will be displayed.
- Apps makes it easier to not have to leave Teams to get your work done. There are hundreds of apps and services available including Office apps, apps for productivity, project management, sales and even social and fun apps.
- The Help feature in teams allows you to search for topics or choose from the most popular, access to video training, as well as see what’s new in Microsoft Teams.
Interested in learning how Microsoft Teams can help your business?
You might also like:
During this month’s virtual discussion between Byron Martin, CEO at Teknologize and Jon Patterson, Co-Owner at JPI Insurance Solutions, they discussed the current impact of COVID-19 on Cyber Breaches and what you can do to help protect your business. Byron: Well you know, I’m reading all the time article day after day about breaches or what’s happening in…
Do you know how much a technology outage could cost your business? Use this Recover Time Objective (RTO) Calculator to help you measure the business impact of a potential IT disaster. This Recover Time Objective (RTO) Calculator can be used to get a general analysis of what an outage could cost your business. Evaluate your…
Teknologize CEO, Byron Martin, sat down virtually with Jon Patterson, Co-Owner at Joe Peterson Insurance to discuss the impact of COVID-19 and Business Income Insurance. Byron: There’s something you brought up the other day when we were talking around business income loss, and business income. And that’s something that maybe I, because I’m an essential business in…