- In 2017, 5.4 billion attacks by the WannaCry virus were successfully blocked.
- Today, 1 in 13 web requests lead to malware, up 3% from 2016.
- 2017 represented an 80% increase in new malware on Mac computers.
- The average cost in time of a malware attack is 50 days.
- Use antivirus software and keep it updated
- Keep all the software you use current
- Go one step further and use a firewall to block malicious content
- Don’t click on links within emails
- Make sure your computers and servers are backed up regularly
If you think you might be infected, ask an IT professional and get your computer checked out. Once it’s on your computer, it can cripple your entire network, so don’t hesitate to ask for help. Everyone will be glad you did.