Skip to content

Archive for April 2019

Don’t Open That!!!

Social engineering is about making you fail. But you can beat it.  Let’s talk about social engineering for a minute.  And no, this does not mean masterfully planning the layout of your party to maximize guest interaction, minimize personality conflicts and keep the lactose intolerant from embarrassing themselves due to mislabeled food.  Social engineering is…

Read More

Hackers are not Unicorns

Hackers are real. And you don’t want to find that out the hard way. In today’s world, we’ve become very familiar with the term “hacking.” It’s a subject of movies and TV, it’s a frequent news topic, and it’s why we get regular updates for our devices. However, even with these reminders we seem to…

Read More

Pink Floyd was wrong: We do need more education!

Fact: 95% of cybersecurity breaches are due to human error. TekTip: Training isn’t a “one and done” thing. Make sure training is consistent – quarterly if not more often. It takes seven times of hearing something to internalize and remember it. Keep reminding. Hackers are constantly evolving; continue talking about the newest threats. Are you…

Read More

Biggest a-has from the Northwest Cybersecurity Symposium

Teknologize had the amazing opportunity to sponsor and participate in the Northwest Cybersecurity Symposium this week. The symposium, held over two days in Richland, WA at the Discovery Hall at PNNL, was a chance for researchers and industry professionals to talk about what is happening in cybersecurity today, how the field is changing, and new…

Read More

She’s Not That Into You: She Just Wants You for Your Data

Fact: In 2017, spear-phishing emails were the most widely used infection vector, employed by 71 percent of those groups that staged cyber-attacks. TekTips: Resist the temptation of posting everything happening in your life online. Don’t post on social media when you’re on vacation. Don’t post the names of your kids or pets or your birthday…

Read More

What Makes a Job “Great”?

“How’s your job?” It’s a common question, but a loaded one too. In a 2018 report by Gallup, 7% of the world’s 3.3 billion adults who are working or looking for work say they have a “great job.” Chances are, you’re in the 93% who don’t think they have a great job. There are many…

Read More
Scroll To Top